How to log in and set up the Roku device via roku.com/link?
Roku streaming devices let the users watch unlimited free and paid video content on a display screen usually TV using the internet. You just need to connect your Roku with a screen and internet and you are ready to convert your room into your home theater. Roku enhances the cable TV viewing experience of the users. Users can watch basic as well as on-demand content on their Roku. Roku does not charge a single penny from their users, they only need to subscribe to channels which they want to watch on their Roku. But before start watching you need to register yourself and your device at roku.com. in this article we will discover how can you “Create an account” on Roku and how to connect your Roku device with that account.
List of channels you can watch on Roku
Roku gives users access to many channels. The following is the list of some popular channels available on Roku:
- NBC Com
- Starz Com
- Amazon Prime Video
- FX Networks
- Showtime Anytime
- Google Play Movies
- Sling TV
- HBO GO
- And more
How to sign up for Roku?
Before setting up your device you need to create an account on Roku and then you will be able to register your device with Roku. To sign up on Roku refer to the following steps:
- With the help of a device’s web browser go to Roku.com.
- From the menu of the screen click on sign in and you will be redirected to the sign In page.
- After that, scroll down the screen and click on the “Create Account” option.
- At the signup page, you will see blank boxes to fill in. Fill the details in the boxes.
- Tick the checkboxes. Make sure before checking the boxes you are reading the information writing along with them.
- At the end select “I’m not a robot” and click on the “Continue” button.
- Now complete the rest of the on-screen instructions and you are now a registered member of Roku.
You need to remember your username and password all the time. For the safe side write down the username and password from where you can check it when you forget it. Now, its time to link your Roku device with your account.
Setup Roku device
After account creation, you need to follow few steps to link your Roku with your account. For this first of all using wires connect your Roku with the display screen and then connect it with the internet or wi-fi. After that follow the below-stated steps:
- Switch your Roku device and a display screen on.
- This will bring you to the login page where you need to log in with your Roku username and password.
- If you are not registered with Roku then refer to the previous section for the same.
- After login a new screen will open with a “link code” and some more information about the Roku device.
- Now, this link cod will help you to link your device with Roku. So, save this code for the later use or stick to the same screen to see the code again.
- Further, grab a mobile phone or PC and go to roku.com/link.
- Here you will see an empty box to enter the link code. Enter the link code carefully here and click on “Submit”.
If you have entered the link code wrong then it will give an error message that “link code is not valid”. At the success of the above process, your device is ready for use. During performing these steps you may find some difficulties, in this situation you can contact the Roku support team for assistance.